How can we have multiple rows in the footer of a datatable

How can we have multiple rows in the footer of a datatable

niks551niks551 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2013 in General
Hi,

I wanted to have two rows for a data table footer to show the sum/total of columnar fields.
THe first row displays the subtotals of each page and the second row displays the totals of all the fields.

I know how to get the totals.but my questions are
1.Does data table support multiple rows in footer.
2.I get a NAN while the page is first loaded then when i click the the table header columns i get the corresponding totals.
Can anyone let me know how to resolve this or cite an example.

My code is as follows
https://gist.github.com/niks551/6217915

Thanks,
Nikhil

Replies

• niks551niks551 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Following is my console output

http://cl.ly/image/0z0m2c333j1t
  • allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    > 1.Does data table support multiple rows in footer.

Yes - just put the elements into the page. The one thing it doesn't do - and what is probably tripping you up is cache more than one row - to be honest, you might even be best just skipping the fact that DataTables fixed you the row in this case and just directly manipulate the DOM as if DataTables wasn't there - `$('#temp_data tfoot tr:eq(1)')` to get the second row for example.

The reason it doesn't cache more than one row is that it gets complex if you have colspan / rowspan attributes. Thinking about it, DataTables should probably be passing just the tfoot element into the callback, but its a bit late to change that now...

Allan
    Thanks Allan,

But is there anything that I can do to avoid NAN while summing up the totals.
    I have a conflict with sorting vs summing up the totals.
    As you can see in my console if i print something like
    for(){
    alert(aaData[aiDisplay[i]][4]); or aaData[i][4]
    i get the value as 456 //in the console
    }

in my html i have something like

The only alternative that I was able to do was first sort the columns and then do the summation of totals. which is not desirable and want to change it.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    If you are getting NaN then its trying to sum non-numeric data. You need to remove the non-numeric data, probably using a regular expression, in this case it looks like you would want to remove the input element.

Allan
    Yes I was able to do that using regexpressions.
    It works when the first time page loads but now(after loading) I lose the sorting functionality as it again try's to evaluate the reg exp and fails as there is no .

Is it something that I can do in my external sorting functions
    Hope you get my point.
    Please let me know if you want me to share anything.
    I have one of my external sorting functions as follows. and this is in document.ready()
    and if i click on sorting of any of the columns as mentioned in my previous comment it's not able to parse the regexpression

//custom sorting function for percentage values. Requires a hidden input tag which stores the numeric value using which column is sorted
    $.fn.dataTableExt.afnSortData['dom-percent'] = function(oSettings, iColumn) {var aData = [];$('td:eq(' + iColumn+ ') input',
    oSettings.oApi._fnGetTrNodes(oSettings)).each(function() {aData.push(this.value);});
    return aData;}
This discussion has been closed.