Editor: Is InnoDb essential?

Editor: Is InnoDb essential?

tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
edited January 2014 in Editor
Is InnoDb an essential requirement for the Editor with joined tables? I ask because my deletes do not remove the child records from my (MyISAM) tables. I might be missing something else, but I thought I'd check this first.
Incidentally, if InnoDb *is* required, I would expect to see it mentioned in the Editor's docs.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    No - the database engine that MySQL uses (when using MySQL with Editor of course) shouldn't make any difference. Editor will do a simple SQL DELETE regardless of engine type.

I'm not sure what would cause that discrepancy to be honest. Is there anything indicated in the PHP or MySQL error logs?

Allan
  • tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
    Thanks Allan - that's a relief, I didn't fancy changing dozens of tables to InnoDb.
    I'll look into other possibilities.
    On deleting, Firebug shows a fatal error:
    Call to undefined method DataTables\Database\DriverMysqlQuery::where_group() in ....\php\lib\Editor\Join.php on line 595

I'm deleting a record with various joins, but the problem seems to be specific to the "releasenotes" table which is joined to the master ("nb_releases") via the master id.

Having deleted, I then need a browser refresh to display the "new" table. The master record is gone, but the child record remains in the "releasenotes" table.

Debugger ref. ezesew.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    > where_group

This was a new method in the 1.2.4 libraries. When you updated the Editor and Join classes, did you also update the Database classes?

Thanks,
    Allan
    Mea culpa. Or in English, the fault was between the chair and the keyboard.
    Thank you, and my apologies.
This discussion has been closed.