Inline Editing - Whole Row?

Inline Editing - Whole Row?

sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hi again.

I'm experimenting with an excel style situation where i add a row to a Datatable using row.add() and populate it generically with the preset default data.

I can then (with ease) do inline editing on each cell that gets edited, that's tried and tested - however in a vague attempt to save on bandwidth for some of my users who are on mobile contracts I though I'd try saving the entire row with a submit button.

So far so good - the button has been added on the addition of a row and submits the row perfectly - but unfortunately as I click on the inline editable cell in the row and type some data - on blur the field resorts to the initial value (blank etc).

Is there way OTHER than me putting an event handler on each row cell which updates the editor data source on keyup to get around this? ie: to save the editor datasource for that row on blur of an edited field in an editable row.

If this isnt clear I can give screenshots and examples.

Oo

Answers

• sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0
    edited July 2014

Actually scratch that, the idea is unmanageable on reflection - too many problems such as what happens on subsequent rows etc etc. I will stick to the inline edit as standard.

Oo

• allanallan Posts: 61,734Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

Currently no - there is no option to have anything other than a single field in 'inline' mode. It is a nice idea for a future enhancement, but not possible at the moment I'm afraid.

Allan

• sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

I realised that as I started to work around it :)

Cheers for the answer though.

Oo

This discussion has been closed.