Empty cells breaking column searching

Empty cells breaking column searching

tokenGeordietokenGeordie Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

First off, many thanks for this excellent resource - Great plugin, website, docs and community.

I think I may have found a problem with individual column searching, but I'm a new user of Data Tables so I could be completely wrong : ]

I have just upgraded a web application from Data Tables 1.94 to 1.10 and I am seeing a problem with searching on an individual column: the filter field will not match any column data if there are empty cells in preceeding columns.

If I set a breakpoint in datatables.js -> (line 2841). The _fnFilterColumn function tries to reference _aFilterData[6] which does not exist - the data we need is actually in _aFilterData[5].

I was able to reproduce the problem by taking the example code from: http://datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter.html and simply removing a value from a random table cell - this will then stop the row being matched by a column search in any following column.

Stuart

Replies

• tableshaveturnedtableshaveturned Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I can confirm this problem, I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out. Thanks tokenGeordie.

Is there any news on this issue?

• tableshaveturnedtableshaveturned Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Looks like it was fixed in 1.10.2.

This discussion has been closed.