Manipulating Editor form

Manipulating Editor form

sixcodersixcoder Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited November 2015 in Editor

Hi, Allan -

Wondering if there's a means by which the form that Editor renders can be interacted with? I'd like to add a few elements underneath the generated inputs and labels. Specifically, I'd like to display another DataTables instance with detail rows for the header record being created or edited. I thought it'd be as easy as $('#DTE_Form_Content').append('yada yada yada') within the editor.on('open', ...) event, but it doesn't appear that DTE_Form_Content has been added when the open event fires.

Any shove in the right direction would be much appreciated...congrats on your new addition & thanks very much for creating such awesome software...DataTables is awesome of course, but I'm just beginning to appreciate how Editor is going to save me a lot of time!

Sean

Answers

• sixcodersixcoder Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Think I've got a handle on this, turns out DTE_Form_Content is a class, not an ID...yeah that's what happens when I miss my afternoon coffee.

Still interested in whether or not there's a more direct/intentional way of accomplishing the extended form, but I'm able to make changes to it this way. Thanks.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words :-). I hope you get a lot of great use from the software.

Regarding your question - listen for the displayOrder which Editor will emit whenever the form is re-rendered. It is in that event handler that you should insert whatever additional content you need into the DOM.

At the moment using DOM selectors (as you were) is the best way to do it - the DOM structure used by Editor is documented here. I think the key is to use the displayOrder event which was added specifically for this sort of thing!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.