TableTools v1.0.2 - Save as Excel, CSV, copy and print! - Page 6

TableTools v1.0.2 - Save as Excel, CSV, copy and print!

12346»

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    jQuery 1.4+ for DataTables 1.9.4 or earlier.

For the test case, please just link me to the page you are working on.
  • zuckerjzuckerj Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi,

I am presenting multiple tables existing in multiple tabs within an iFrame of a Master page.

I have got everything to work properly and it is working wonderfully, with 1 exception.

When the print button is clicked, everything in the iFrame is being properly hidden, and the selected DOM is displaying properly, but because it is an iFrame, everything outside of the iFrame is still visible, an ends up being part of the printed page.

Is there anyway for me to render the entire page hidden while displaying the DOM for printing, using TableTools?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Sorry no - TableTools' print option isn't designed to work with iframes. I will be rewriting the print option for TableTools 3, but I doubt iframes will be supported there either since it would need to communicate with the top level document.

Allan
  • ios2002ios2002 Posts: 0Questions: 0Answers: 0
    hi alan,
    i'm really impressed with your tools
    but i have question regarding export to excel can we also export with colors ???
    No - there are no formatting abilities in the XML export.

Allan
  • rpandey007rpandey007 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,
    I am using datatable tabletools to export to "excel". I have my windows settings "hide extension of known types". now when I am trying to export table to excel(using IE), I'm getting file extension as "* all type". So when I try to rename the file name, the system doesn't recognize it as an excel file. Hence, it becomes unusable.
    If I enable "extension to file of known types", I can edit the name and append ".xls/.xlsx" but I want that to be done by IE itsef.
    This is an annoying limitation of the Flash sport "Save as" dialogue box. Flash presents no API which allows control over that unfortunately, so I don't think there is anything I can do :-(.

Allan
  • Mani2809Mani2809 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,
    I need to represent my data in "Column Chart" as like excel. Please help me out to customize the API..
    As noted above the Excel output is really just a CSV UTF16-LE file, there are no charting output options in the file.
    I'm going to close this thread now as it keeps getting posted to, even although TableTools 1.0.2 is massively out of date.
This discussion has been closed.