Printing limited to one page ?

Printing limited to one page ?

jonasjonas Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2010 in TableTools
Hi all, Allan,

I am trying to print the results of a search, results that are displayed in a fine table handled/processed by DataTables.

When I click the print button (provided by TableTools), the table without pagination or any "nonesense" (ahaha) is properly displayed. Then CTRL + P and I print my HTML page.

In FireFox:
The problem is that only 1 page gets printed when I would have a lot more.

In Chrome:
The problem is that the printed page is blank except for the title of the website and the URL of the page called.

If anyone has had this problem before and knows how to fix it, I will very much appreciate a comment/feedback.

Regards

Replies

• borisjborisj Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I have similar problem (http://datatables.net/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=4333&page=1#Item_1). Found that problem is in Scale parameter in Print preview ...

If I set 70% I got all records, but this is not the solution. I expect I would have to print up to 100 records so I will have to use magnifier to read printout.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi guys,

Could you possibly give me a link to your pages so I can see what might be happening? I suspect that there will be an overflow: hidden somewhere in the CSS for the page which is preventing the scrolling.

Allan
  • borisjborisj Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

I don't have any public site available for testing. Can you send me your email to send you link for testing? I can then open firewall for testing purposes.
    Can you ping me a message through the contact form? http://datatables.net/contact ? Thanks! I don't have a static IP, but it doesn't change too often, hopefully long enough to test!

Regards,
    Allan
  • wazzawazza Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan, thanks for the awesome library!

While getting into datatables, I faced the same problem of printing only the first page, with entries truncation. The problem arises in Win XP and 7, on Chrome, Mozilla and IE(7 and 8). Printing preview with 70-80% rescaling of the table solves the problem, but is there a way to bypass this inconvenience?

Thanks in advance
    I'll need to investigate a bit I'm afraid - I suspect that it is just one of the CSS attributes that TableTools applies to the document when in Print view, but not 100% certain. I'm away from my own machine atm, but I'll take a look when I get back. Until then, I'd suggest poking around in Firebug. Also, can you link me to your page please? I just tried printing from the TableTools demo, but it must not be long enough to span multiple pages...

Allan
This discussion has been closed.