How do you export DataTables data to sql database

How do you export DataTables data to sql database

ddmenzddmenz Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited May 2016 in Free community support

Hi I would like to know how you can export all Datatables rows to an sql database. This was available in the legacy RowReorder Extension version using .rowReordering({ sURL:"UpdateRowOrder.php", sRequestType: "GET"});

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

The legacy plug-in you mention was third party, so I don't really know much about it and can't really comment on that aspect I'm afraid.

Could you explain a bit more about what you would like to do please? Do you want to click a button and it would submit the data to the server? If so, just use rows().data() to get the data from the table.

Allan

• ddmenzddmenz Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, Allan. I'd like to be able to reorder the rows and then save the new order to an SQL database. I have since been experimenting with editor and can see there is a way to edit the rows and them save them to a database. But I haven't found a way to save the order. I can now see that it was indeed a 3rd party plugin in reference to my previous post. I was wondering if this feature is built in to editor. Many thanks,

David

My own RowReorder extension has support for Editor built in. Example.

Allan

• ddmenzddmenz Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited May 2016

Hi thanks very much for such a brilliant script. I have now got that feature working. However I have one question; The rowReorder feature only seems to work on the first column regardless of what is in that column wheather it be a checkbox or a title. The reason I found this is because I wanted to give the user the option of primary editing as well as inline editing.

Using select: true I can only select the second or third column to give the option of a primary edit not the first. This can lead to a slightly confusing interface when primary and inline editing when reordering. Because a different row could highlighted to the one you are re-ordering, if you had selected it previously. I have tried changing the
    fields: [ { label: 'Order:', name: 'readingOrder' }, but it always seems to be the first column that is the one that makes the re-order.

This doesn't really matter it was just something I noticed - what I need is to allow the selection of the first column ie the readingOrder column without editing so that when you re-order a row the one that has moved it the one thats highlighted. Thanks again...

I'd like to purchase the editor. I'd customise for my own cms, for things such as re-ordering posts, user tables and music playlists. It's great the breadth of examples and the api - It's saved me a lot of time. I look forward to using it in future projects.

The rowReorder feature only seems to work on the first column regardless of what is in that column wheather it be a checkbox or a title.

RowReorder operates on a "data swap" basis. That is to say that only the data in the column designated (rowReorder.dataSrc) is modified - the other data for the rows is retained. The idea behind this is that it can be used with a sequence so only the sequence value is updated (example).

RowReorder isn't really designed to just move DOM elements around - it is designed to modify the data on this basis.

Great to hear you are enjoying using Editor :-)

Allan

This discussion has been closed.