File upload: fringe case with Safari

File upload: fringe case with Safari

scholarlylabsscholarlylabs Posts: 16Questions: 0Answers: 2

Very much a fringe case, but it tripped me up for a bit.

Using current Safari (Safari 9.1.1 on MacOS 10.11.5) on https://editor.datatables.net/examples/advanced/upload.html
1. Use "New" or "Edit" to load the form
2. Use "Choose file..." and upload an acceptable file (i.e. a file that passes validation)
3. Use "Clear" to dump the file
4. Use "Choose file..." to upload the same file, and there is no response (no thumbnail, 'No file' msg still present)

This does not happen if there is an intervening attempt to load a different file (even the intervening upload attempt fails validation), only when you upload--clear--upload the same file.
This issue does not recur in Firefox (46.0.1). I haven't tested other browsers.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Thanks for posting this - excellent description of the issue. The perfect bug report :-)

The good news is that I actually knew about this already and a fix will be in 1.5.6. My comment in that thread suggests 1.5.6 should already be here ("next week"...). Unfortunately, that time frame slipped, but it is coming... Won't be long now :-)

Allan

• scholarlylabsscholarlylabs Posts: 16Questions: 0Answers: 2

Thanks Allan -- the 'aspirational' schedule is understood. Hope you are getting some nights and weekends off. Sorry I missed the related thread.

-Alex

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

"aspirational schedule" - I'm going to use that from now on! :-)

I've been working on an improved site and forum search which I think will help finding old threads - should be out soon as well! Its a bit of a nightmare finding old threads at the moment (I found that one by checking my commit messages...).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.