Server side processing with jsondata from external source

Server side processing with jsondata from external source

wooziiewooziie Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi my name is Michael,

I have a question regarding server side processing. The scenarios is this, I have a big json file that I get from an online url with over 5000 rows, I´ve included this successfully with ajax and it works well. But it´s very slow specially when I try some filtering, I´ve tried to use deferRendering but it just wont work for my scenario because the filtering does not apply to ALL rows.

So I ended up with the solution that I need to use server side processing, but now I do not now how to proceed, I´ve created a table in my database that has all the columns that I need.

But I don´t now wich would be the smoothest most efficient way to get the data from the frekvently updated online json file to my database and how to set up the server processing php file to work with the data.

Greatful for all the input I can get how to solve this

/Michael

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Hi Michael,

I would strongly suggest that you put the data into a database and then query that as needed by server-side processing.

If you read a static JSON file on every request, you need to do the sorting and filtering yourself - something that SQL databases excel at! You can do it if you want a challenge, but I doubt it would be performant (not doubting your skills, but just aware how difficult it is!).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.