Inline edit that then triggers the full edit form?

Inline edit that then triggers the full edit form?

ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

I have a table with a few columns that allow in line edit. In some business cases, I need the user to go to the full Editor form and fill in a related Comment field. What's the best place to hook in this validation?

For example, If FieldIntetgerOne has any value, then FieldCommentOne needs some text. In that case, if the user clicks on FieldIntegerOne inline and FieldCommentOne is blank, I'd like them to switch to the full editor before they enter any data. I might be able to do that by assigning a specific class to the cell. Different classes invoke different on-click events.

For FieldIntegerTwo, if the value is out of an acceptable range and FieldCommentTwo is empty, then I need the full form (preferable carrying in the value they just typed in.)

Editor v 1.5.1
Datatables v 1.10.8

Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Is Bubble editing those fields an option? You could show the field value that is to be modified and also the comment input. The problem with inline editing is that is is specifically designed for just one field at a time.

Allan

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

Ah. Bubble edit might be just what I need. I'll look into that. Inline works fine for many cases, because for the second scenario we only need the comment field in a few cases.

This discussion has been closed.