How to implement nested datatble using jquery Datatable is there any examples from server side code.

How to implement nested datatble using jquery Datatable is there any examples from server side code.

KotiKoti Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I am working on jquery nested Datatable how we can achieve from server side code from controller to view..I looked for some examples but they are binding data statically in view.

Thanks
Koti

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

I don't fully understand what you mean by a nested DataTable. Can you give me a link to an example please?

Allan

• KotiKoti Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Nested datatable i.e. datatable inside datatable with Expand Collapse functionality to show and hide the Child datatable based on parent datatable primary key id.
    For this example I’ll bind the parent datatable with Customer records and the Child datatable will display Orders for each Customer based on CustomerId when the Expand icon is clicked
    Please help...

Thanks
    Koti

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

Basically each DataTable is 100% independent of any others. So you'd just create an HTML table inside the child row and then initialise it as a DataTable. If you need an example of that, I could create one under the support packages.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.