Anyone out there use Editor with Symfony/Doctrine?

Anyone out there use Editor with Symfony/Doctrine?

dclar43dclar43 Posts: 47Questions: 13Answers: 2

Hi all,

I'm looking to use Editor to work with Doctrine entities within a Symfony app. I'd hate to lose the functionality that Editor provides but there doesn't seem to be a existing bundle or bridge for this. I've used Editor for other apps with great results but would like to avoid writing a full bundle to use it here.

Replies

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

Here's someone with your set-up:
    https://datatables.net//forums/discussion/comment/82860/#Comment_82860

Try asking him/her for advice.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

I'm not aware of anyone having published any integration packages for Editor and Symfony, but given that Symfony is PHP based, it should be quite possible to use the Editor PHP libraries alongside Symfony. You wouldn't be able to get any benefit from the database layer that Symfony uses, is the downside.

Allan

• dclar43dclar43 Posts: 47Questions: 13Answers: 2

You wouldn't be able to get any benefit from the database layer that Symfony uses, is the downside.

Yea, that's my main hangup. The classes are configured as Doctrine Entities and as such the Doctrine ORM is providing some logging/versioning/events and Symfony is providing validation via getters/setters. Using the provided Editor PHP library would either circumvent a lot of that or need extra work to bring it up to parity.

Thanks for the info though, I'll keep thinking on it.

And thanks for that link tangerine

This discussion has been closed.