Pagination with Huge Datasets

Pagination with Huge Datasets

Andreas S.Andreas S. Posts: 207Questions: 73Answers: 4

Hi,

I have a Database with more than 10000 Dataset, that I should listed. If a user use this list, the Server sends all results and Datatables makes Pagination as settings. Is it possible load the 1st 100 dataset and with the pagination button loads automatic the next 100, if the Data is outside the fist 100 Datasets?

The same is with the search function. It works only if all Data loaded. May be I can send a search to the backend, and the send the results to the frontend?

Best Andreas

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Sounds like server-side processing would fit the bill here. See also the speed FAQ.

Allan

• Andreas S.Andreas S. Posts: 207Questions: 73Answers: 4

The server side script is written in Java. I do not know how datatables the parameters for search and start etc. to serveside script sends. At first I thought it was json, but I do not see this information anywhere.
    My question, how are the parameters transferred to the Serverside Script, so that the next pages are loaded.

Andreas

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

I do not know how datatables the parameters for search and start etc. to serveside script sends.

That information is in the documentation I linked to above. For example DataTables sends a search parameter for the search information.

My question, how are the parameters transferred to the Serverside Script

As HTTP parameters.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.