ZeroClipboard.swf is missing

ZeroClipboard.swf is missing

alexgindrealexgindre Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2011 in Bug reports
Hi,

Firstly, thank you for this amazing plug in. I'm really enjoying it.
Actually, I'm using the current version 2.0.0.
Everything work find in Firefox and Chrome. However on IE8-, I had an issue with this piece of code :
[code]
this.loadingTimer=setTimeout(function(){throw"Unable to load SWF file - please check the SWF path";},1E4)}
[/code]
IE caught the exception and throw an error cause it can't understand the mistake.
After take a look at the code, I realized that there is no ZeroClipboard.swf in the repository. And when the js try to load it, it throw the exception.
I fixed the problem that adding the ZeroClipboard.swf in the repository (i got it on this example :http://www.datatables.net/extras/tabletools/) .
Maybe I missed something ?

Thank's for your time.

Replies

• alexgindrealexgindre Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    When you don't have the flash palyer on IE8-, you have the same issue.
    The problem is that all other js on the page are disturb by this.
    Some of them still work and the others don't.
    It can be possible to have a check if the client have flash player and if not have a warning message ?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    ZeroClipboard.swf should not be needed for TableTools 2 (unless you override sSwfPath to use that name) - are you getting a 404 error in your server log with the browser looking for that file?

The Javascript error is intended to show that something unexpected has occurred. You can just remove the line that you posted from ZeroClipboard.js if you don't want this to occur.

Allan
  • alexgindrealexgindre Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thank you for the answer and your time.
    I'll remove the line.
  • cdmeincdmein Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi

I have had some trouble getting Copy/PDF features working, encountering the same Javascript exception.

The problem in my case turned out to be that access to any local copy of the required file was secured. When the copy_cvs_xls_pdf.swf was requested permission was refused and the 'cannot find file' message was shown. I fixed this by setting the following property:

"sSwfPath": "http://www.datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/TableTools/media/swf/copy_cvs_xls_pdf.swf"

If I could suggest that the documentation was updated to reflect this problem - unless I have missed something and there is a simplier solution to this. In my case I could host this interbally on an unsecured section of my web application but it certainly would have saved time to know about this.

Thanks for a great tool

Chris Mein
  • allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Yup - if you want to use a local file (i.e. file://) with Flash you must set up a security exception. This is a feature of Flash, and can be controlled using the security control panel: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html .

Also, I would strongly encourage you to not hot link to the version of the file on this server for a couple of reasons: 1. I might well move the file in future should the structure of the site change and 2. it uses up my bandwidth :-)

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.