Using server side without ssp class

Using server side without ssp class

redaniredani Posts: 70Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan, hope you're doing well.
I'd like to ask you if there is any script sample for server side without the ssp class. I've noticed that I can use some GET variables such as start, length, ... but it'll be nice to have a sample.

Thanks a lot
Regards

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,784Questions: 1Answers: 10,113 Site admin

The SSP class is my demo script for server-side processing. I don't have any other's. If you needed it without a class you could dissect the class and build a simple linear function.

Allan

• redaniredani Posts: 70Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks Allan for your fast reply.

OK, i'll do that.
    Have a great week

Hi again, I'm trying to implement the server side and have the following questions pls:

1- I've noticed that in addition to Dara, I need to return draw, recordsTotal and recordsFiltered.
    1.1- how can I tell the value of draw?
    1.2- do you think I'll need another SQL query to get the value of recordsTotal?

2- I've also noticed that the ajax call is made on keydown, is it possible to use some kind of timeout to make the ajax call every 400ms for example?

Thanks

1.1- how can I tell the value of draw?

See the server-side manual page for full details of what is sent and expected back.

1.2- do you think I'll need another SQL query to get the value of recordsTotal?

Yes

2- I've also noticed that the ajax call is made on keydown, is it possible to use some kind of timeout to make the ajax call every 400ms for example?

searchDelay.

Allan

edited March 2017

Thanks again Allan for your reply.

1- I'm almost done but paginations dont work, it always shows 1 page, I'm sure i must be missing something stupid!
    here is what I'm doing in my server side script:

$data['draw'] = intval($_GET['draw']);

// query to get total number of records
    SELECT COUNT(*) AS recordsTotal FROM ...
    $data['recordsTotal'] = $recordsTotal; // total number of records

// query using filter/ search. $start and $length are the GET values sent through ajax
    SELECT firstname, lastname, ... FROM table .... WHERE search_condition LIMIT $start, $length
    $data['recordsFiltered'] = rowCount(); // total number of results

// return all datatable data in json
    while {
        fetch resutls
    }

What am I doing wrong? and how are the paginations calculated?

3- Also I have noticed that in your examples you use: "processing": true, what is that for?

4- is it possible to style the "Processing..." message by replacing it by a spinner for example?

Thanks a lot

That suggests that the LIMIT isn't being applied to the query you are using to get the data from the table (which I don't actually see above - it shows the queries for the record counts).

Allan

edited March 2017

I'm sorry Allan, but i don't really understand you well!
    I'm using the LIMIT in the second query to get data, and it's always returning $length results only.
    In your example, if I search for "ra", it will return 26 results, that means you don't use LIMIT $start, $length in your query, right?

So, how and where should I use $length?

You need three queries:

1. One which will get the number of rows unfiltered
    2. One which will get the number of rows filtered
    3. One which will get the data for the current page

I see only 2 queries in the code above. However, it is hard to say exactly what is happening in the pseudo code since it isn't exactly what is running.

Allan

Great, it works like a charm :) thanks a lot ;)

Allan, please one last question.
    I'm currently working on a project using Vue.js and was wondering if you're planning to release a version compatible with this library. If not, do you recommend any equivalent?

Thanks

I don't currently have any plans to release any Vue components, although it is certainly something I would like to look at in future. I haven't used Vue much myself, so I can't really give any recommendations I'm afraid.

Allan

OK, thank you very much Allan.

Have a lovely night ;)

This discussion has been closed.