DataTables 1.10.13 colVis (Buttons) customize column title

DataTables 1.10.13 colVis (Buttons) customize column title

musiummusium Posts: 11Questions: 5Answers: 0

I’m looking for a way to customize the column title displayed by the colVis button.
I’ve a DataTable with a filter for each column (input in the header).
Some columns have a select element as filter. colVis displays each options of these selects concatenated to one text as title for the column.

Is there a way to customize the text displayed for each column?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

Not directly I'm afraid. I would probably recommend that you have a second row in your header which you can put the select elements into to avoid this.

Having said that, there is the button().text() method which could be used - you would need to loop over the buttons and update them as required.

This is something I am aware of and need to improve. Its on the roadmap (although its not likely to happen in the near future).

Allan

• musiummusium Posts: 11Questions: 5Answers: 0

Thank you allan for your answer.
    The first option, creating a second header row, does not work since the responsive plugin only supports one header row (I’m using the responsive plugin for my tables).

The second option could work, but I ccould not find a way to get only the “column-buttons” of colVis, I only managed to get all buttons. Is there a way to get/iterate over the “column-buttons” of colVis?

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

does not work since the responsive plugin only supports one header row

Ah yes. Fair point - I wouldn't have mentioned that if I'd known.

Is there a way to get/iterate over the “column-buttons” of colVis?

Hummm... You can get them individually using the sub-button selector, but you'd need to know in advance the indexes, which isn't all that great programming-wise.

It would be good if that could accept \d- to get all sub buttons for a parent.

Better yet, the colVis button should really offer a callback function for the button title, as this isn't the first time that has been requested.

I've got it on my bug list!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.