Weird IE glitch

Weird IE glitch

trdunsworthtrdunsworth Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2009 in General
I am using this for a phone directory on an intranet inside our school district. In FF, Chrome, and Safari, it looks and works beautifully. However, in IE, the table works, but the pagination doesn't advance.

I have it set to display full on the bottom and in IE7 and IE8, the numbers never advance. I only get pages 1 through 5 displayed as choices. I can still reach pages 6 and beyond, but the pagination doesn't advance.

Curious if anyone has seen this and/or knows a way to correct it.

Thanks,

Tony

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi Tony,

Sounds very odd. Could you try my alternative paging demo ( http://datatables.net/examples/example_alt_pagination.html ) in your browsers and see if that works (it does for me here). If it does, then I suspect that you are just running into a CSS issue with elements overlapping and "stealing" events. You could use the IE developer tools to confirm if this is the case.

Regards,
    Allan
  • trdunsworthtrdunsworth Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    That would be the issue. Now to go track it down, nail it in place, and tell it and IE to behave themselves.... :)

Thanks for the help
    Great stuff. Make use you use extra long nails :-)

Regards,
    Allan
  • trdunsworthtrdunsworth Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    You want weird? I compared the files between your example and my code. I found two lines which were different. I added two to move the pagination over to the right side of the table and still get a look I wanted. I commented them out and re-loaded the page. Nothing changed, so I put them back in and the blessed thing works perfectly now.

I don't get it, but it works in IE and in FF now, so I'm nailing it in place.

I'm also experimenting with this code in an HTML 5 version. Still working glitches out, but nothing related to this code right now that I can see.....
    Hah! Amazing... With most things I try to pin down exactly what has gone wrong and why. The exception to my rule with working with IE6 and 7. If it works - then it's good enough!

Good luck - and do should if you find anything in DataTables incompatible with HTML 5 (although there really shouldn't be).

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.