The Dowload Mgr page does not work for me

The Dowload Mgr page does not work for me

joellerjoeller Posts: 48Questions: 9Answers: 0

I am trying to download capabilities on https://datatables.net/download/. After selecting those entries I would like, when I click on the download method, nothing happens; at all. any idea what I may be doing wrong?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,331Questions: 26Answers: 4,774
    Answer ✓

Seems to work for me. I just took the defaults and downloaded. Is there are particular set of options that might be causing the issue? Have you tried a different browser?

Kevin

• joellerjoeller Posts: 48Questions: 9Answers: 0

I tried just now with a very minimal load. DataTables for the styling framework, DataTables and Editor for the packages. Nothing else. I clicked Download, nothing happened; NPM, nothing happened; Yarn, nothing happened; Bower, nothing happened.

CDN is not allowed.

This is was it was doing yesterday although with a larger selection.

I just did the same selections and was able to download. Sounds like something specific to your computer or site.

Kevin

edited February 2018

Apparently IE 11 is insufficiently advanced to handle that page. I tried it with our brand new Firefox, (yuck) and I was able to see the buttons actually show the code being run.
    I was able to download YAAAY to my downloads folder. I selected both minify and concatenate. in addition to the datatables.css and datatables.js, I got a lot of folders each of which appears to contain the extension or package I requested. Is this correct?

I got a lot of folders each of which appears to contain the extension or package I requested. Is this correct?

Good, sounds like it should be right. I use CDN myself so haven't delved into the download structure.

Kevin

BTW I tried to change the response on your question from not helpful to helpful but was not able to locate a means to do so.

To all reading this, Kothorngren's reply was the fix.

edited February 2018

What? Me not helpful :wink:

@allan will change it to answered when he gets a chance. Glad its working for you.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

'Tis done now.

Thanks for noting the issues with IE11 - I'll look into that!

Regarding what files to include on your page from the download, the download page shows the HTML to use (i.e. what files to include).

Allan

While I got you all here, is this datatables.js backwards compatible with tables built using prior versions of datatables using files like jquery.dataTables.min.js, jquery.dataTables.editable.js, jquery.dataTables.css, and jquery.dataTables_themeroller.css

I was thinking about cleaning out all the unnecessary files out of my project, but did not want to do so it there was going to be a lot of breakage.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

jquery.dataTables.editable.js

This one no. That was a third party file and never maintained as part of the project.

jquery.dataTables_themeroller.css

The new name for that file is dataTables.jqueryui.css.

The others are backwards compatible, although checkout the 1.10 upgrade notes.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.