How can i update the hidden cell value efficiently?

How can i update the hidden cell value efficiently?

toroNGTtoroNGT Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello

I have datatable with hidden column. I am updating the hidden cell values one by one with following code: table.cell( { row: rowIdx, column: columnIdx } ).data(someValue); I have nearly 3000 rows in my table and the update takes noticeable time. Is there more fast, efficient and correct way to change values of hidden cells? Or is there a way to add hidden data to a row, that will not be visible to user but accessible from javascript?

Thank you

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,154Questions: 1Answers: 2,587

Hi @toroNGT ,

Is there a reason why you're updating all 3000 rows at once? Is it because you're summing a total on all the values? If not, and you're using paging, you could use one of the callback functions, draw or drawCallback, to only update the visible rows as they're displayed - this would significantly speed up that process.

Cheers,

Colin

• toroNGTtoroNGT Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited May 2018

hi @colin

What i am trying to do is following: i am selecting rows in datatable. When certain rows are selected, i set hidden cell values to either selected = (true) or not selected = (false). After this i have added custom button to datatable and when clicking on that button, i want to display only selected rows, using search() function on that hidden column. Is there a better way to accomplish this?
    (I have also added a custom button to select all the rows. Selection itself works fast, but setting hidden cells with value takes noticeable time)

Thank you

Hi @toroNGT ,

Yeah, that's a hard way of doing that. The best way would be to use the Select plugin, take a look at this example here - it allows you to Select multiple rows, and the button click uses the API to return those selected (which is what you want, I believe),

Cheers,

Colin

• toroNGTtoroNGT Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi @colin

Is it possible to use selector-modifier inside table.search() function? Or could you please point me how to do this? - I want to display only selected rows to the user.

Thank you

Hi again,

This thread here on StackOverflow may be a good solution - it's from @gyrocode 's who posts here too. It requires a checkbox to do the selection, but otherwise, it does what you're after. Would this work?

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.