One field will not submit?

One field will not submit?

pisislerpisisler Posts: 106Questions: 21Answers: 1
edited June 2018 in Free community support

Hi,

Something interesting with my editor form. I am using "allIfChanged" and all of the values (whether text box or select box), submits properly and with Opera debugger; I can see returning XHR "data" object. But editing one specific field return the data object empty. (i.e. {"data":[]}) It saves the change; but doesn't update the table; submitted data is not shown. Neither in JSON response, nor in the table view itself. I removed all custom validators and every single option. But this field keeps returning an empty data object although it is actually submitting the data and saving it.

I debug data.php file and I see that $_POST is populated properly; there's nothing wrong with processing input. The problem is with the output. data.php cannot send the proper data so that the editor table should parse accordingly.

Removing drawType: 'none' option makes the table update the resultset after submit. But;

1- Returned data object is still empty.
2- I need drawType: none option to stay.
3- All other select boxes work well, only one of them does not.

I can't find a way to debug this strange thing. Any idea on what could be causing this behaviour?

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,342Questions: 26Answers: 4,775

Sounds like the problem is in your data.php script. Can you post it with details about the particular field that is not returning correctly?

Kevin

• pisislerpisisler Posts: 106Questions: 21Answers: 1

It's actually a one-liner;

Field::inst( 'position' ),

That's all.

This discussion has been closed.