Server side orthogonal sort doesn't work

Server side orthogonal sort doesn't work

beachcm65beachcm65 Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

I've recently converted my table to server side processing with a php script and it's working well, including column sorting.

However, I have a column with specially formatted data, so I've tried to implement rendering/orthogonal data but the column sorting has stopped working. I've been trying several things - I've gotten the sort to work when I point the datatable to an ajax txt file on the server, but as soon as I change to serverside/processing and point the datatable to a php script then the sort stops working.

I've looked at the $_GET server variables and it appears that the order data being sent is the same, but I'm guessing I need to update my php script sort function to use the sort data rather the display data. It'd be helpful if someone who has done this could confirm...and if there is some documentation somewhere I'd appreciate seeing it.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @beachcm65 ,

I don't think that would work - as the server only sends back one type of data - there isn't a request for display data or ordering data. I suspect you just need to send back one format to the client, I don't expect it would matter which, and then use columns.render to rejig it on the client.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin

• beachcm65beachcm65 Posts: 22Questions: 6Answers: 0

Thanks Colin - this got me on the right track. I sent down a delimited string with the data and the cell color, then used render to form the display.

This discussion has been closed.