Edit fixed column not working

Edit fixed column not working

urbanjurbanj Posts: 20Questions: 4Answers: 0

Dear Allan!
I see you example:https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/fixedcolumns.html
You include ../../extensions/Editor/js/dataTables.editor.min.js, but You not include dataTables.editor.js
If I include ../../extensions/Editor/js/dataTables.editor.min (replace path for my system path) the java drop error:
dataTables.editor.min.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: define is not defined
at dataTables.editor.min.js:1
at dataTables.editor.min.js:1
If i include Editor-1.8.1/js/dataTables.editor.js the ../../extensions/Editor/js/dataTables.editor.min.js error dropp, but the data is loading, and I can edit not fixed column.
If I click fixed column, the input field not see, but if I type anithing, and press enter, or leave fixed column, the save is called, and the data writing in database, and next reload loading the modified data.

You can send for me the example ../../extensions/Editor/js/dataTables.editor.min.js unobfuscated source?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• urbanjurbanj Posts: 20Questions: 4Answers: 0

Dear Allan!
    I dropp ../../extensions/Editor/js/dataTables.editor.min from source, and the fixed column edited data seeing when I leave fixed field, but I not can write anithing field, because I starting type, focus go back the previosly fixed field and write that field (and seeing), and i not can leave this field, and write anithing, because all field simple type go back to first edited fixed field when You not can press enter fixed field, and leave click or arrow key(when you not leave, you not see typed text)
    You can test:
    http://infoportal-hu.ddns.net:62080/index.php?module=TablePage&ID=21
    You can login:
    email:allandatatables@gmail.com
    Jelszó:
    AllanDatatables
    If you logged in jump again http://infoportal-hu.ddns.net:62080/index.php?module=TablePage&ID=21

Thanks
    Gyula

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Gyula,

I'm afraid you've found a bug in the software where. The typing causes Editor to trigger inline editing on the indexed cell, rather than the floating cell on top of it. This is something that I think will need to be addressed in KeyTable. I've filed a bug so it will be in the next release.

Until then. I think you would need to use inline editing without KeyTable, or KeyTable without FixedColumns.

Regards,
    Allan

• urbanjurbanj Posts: 20Questions: 4Answers: 0

Dear Allan!
    Then I wait the bugfix. Can You write Me if this bug is fixed, or I need checked new wersion same times?

Yes, I've got this thread noted in our internal bug tracker so I'll post an update here when done. I'm afraid it isn't high on the list at the moment though, it will likely be some time before this can be addressed.

Allan

Hi,

Just to say that I've committed fixes for this issue. It will require FixedColumns 3.8.0 and Editor 1.9.1. There are a few other things to do for those releases first, so it might be a week or two before they are available, but the fix is no in our SCM.

Allan

• binexlinebinexline Posts: 27Questions: 10Answers: 0

@allan ,

Where can I get FixedColumns 3.8.0?

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

That was a typo on Allan's part - he meant to 3.3.0 (or later), which can be found here,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.