Pagination control not showing up

Pagination control not showing up

richbuffrichbuff Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2011 in DataTables 1.8
Hi!

I used a prior verion of the DataTables control and it was awesome. I am trying the new version on my current project, and the pagination controls are not showing.

I have a preloaded table that I am attaching the dataTables to.

Example: $("#mytable").dataTables()

I have tried setting bPaginate to true - no help.
I tried "sPaginationType": "full_numbers" - it shows the controls as text only (in spans)
(ex: Showing 21 to 30 of 1,000 entries
FirstPrevious12345NextLast)

Any ideas? I appreciate your help!

Rich

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    I suspect you aren't including the demo CSS or your own custom CSS which will style the pagination controls.

Allan
  • richbuffrichbuff Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi, Allen,

Thanks! I added the Demo css files and the "Full_numbers" paging showed correctly. Unfortunately, I really want the two_button flavor and it doesn't show when I pass in the two_button param.

Any ideas? I even copied the setting our of the .js file (to eliminate spelling) :-)

Thanks, Again!
    Rich
  • allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Again it sounds likely to be a CSS issue. I'd suggest inspecting the elements with Firebug or similar, and perhaps having a look at your server error log to see if you are getting any 404 errors (which seems most likely to me).

Allan
    edited June 2011
    Thanks...I'll take a look.
    Allen - thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

The issue was the paths to the images in the CSS. My path didn't resolve, and when I changed it, I magically saw the buttons. :-)
This discussion has been closed.