Problem with Simple inline editing

Problem with Simple inline editing

Pilar RoldanPilar Roldan Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

This sample not run with datetime. why?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @Pilar Roldan ,

It works in the example pages, so it'll be something to do with your configuration. Are you seeing errors in the console or the server? Does normal editing work OK? Are you able to link to your page for us to look at?

Cheers,

Colin

• Pilar RoldanPilar Roldan Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you very much for your response.

The problem is on the "Simple Inline Editing" page of your server. In this link

https://autode.sk/32qHXZr

you can see the problem. I've tried two chrome and firefox browsers. With both the same thing happens to me.
    The problem is the dates. Also in the examples that I downloaded and executed I also have a problem with the dates. In the video at the end you can see it. What I need is to work with the "DD/MM/YYYY" date format. I do not get it.

Thank you,
    Greetings.

Hello,

Finally I fixed it with the "Generator for Editor". In any case, the option to edit inline the date fields still does not work.

Thank you,
    Greetings.

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

The error message in the video looks like it is giving an SQL error about an nvarchar. Could you copy / paste that error message for me please? Also that is on your own database I presume (since its not a browser specific issue). Can you show me the schema for the table you are attempting to edit please?

Thanks,
    Allan

Good morning,

The problem of the database I have already solved with the "Generator for Editor". But the option "Edit inline" still does not work when it is a date.

Curiously in this direction https://editor.datatables.net/ works the option of "Inline editing" but in this other address https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/simple.html not the option of edit in the date field. What is the reason?

What fault exists on the page? It must be the same that I have because it does not work for me.

Thank you,
    Greetings.

Hi Pilar,

Sorry - are you saying that on this page if you click a cell in the "Start date" column, the date picker isn't showing for you? Or that it does, but it won't submit?

Thanks,
    Allan

Hello,

If I show the correct data, but when leaving the cell editing the data is not uploaded to the server.

Thank you,
    Greetings.

Ah - I'm with you now. You'd need to press return on the cell in that example to submit it to the server.

Alternatively, you can submit on blur as shown in this example.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.