Export Excel Auto filter is not working.

Export Excel Auto filter is not working.

kgurunadh9kgurunadh9 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I referred the below url
https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/excelAutoFilter.html

and implemented, but not works.

====== my code as follows.===

$('#dataTables-ttreport').DataTable({
        pageLength: 20,
        dom: 'Bfrtip',
        buttons: [
            'colvis',
           {
               extend: 'excelHtml5',
               autoFilter: true,
               title: 'TimeTracker Report'
           }
        ]
    });

===== added the below files in Scripts, and Css Folder in application respectively.

jquery-3.3.1.js
jquery.dataTables.min.js
dataTables.buttons.min.js
jszip.min.js
buttons.html5.min.js

jquery.dataTables.min.css
buttons.dataTables.min.css

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Happy to take a look at a test case that shows the issue. I'm presuming that the example you linked to above works for you?

Allan

• Indigo74Indigo74 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi,

Just to share my story, in case somebody stumble upon it looking for answers.

I had the same issue. Using "autoFilter: true" did not enable column filtering.
    There were no console errors printed.
    However, the example linked above worked for me.

After some research, I found this discussion thread were the feature originated, and noticed that it was released end of 2018 in version 1.5.4.

On a hunch, I went into my datatables.min.js file and looked at the version. I had the following list:
    JSZip 2.5.0, pdfmake 0.1.36, DataTables 1.10.18, Buttons 1.5.2, HTML5 export 1.5.2, Responsive 2.2.2

While I check regularly Datatables updates (and it is up to date, although there seems to be a 1.10.19 in Github but the downloader doesn't propose it), I never though of checking extensions.

Updating the Buttons/HTML5 export extensions to latest (1.5.6) did the trick and autoFilter now works.

By the way, thank you for this awesome library. It's really great !

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

although there seems to be a 1.10.19 in Github but the downloader doesn't propose it

.18 and .19 are code identical, which is why its not on the download page (new versions taken a frightening amount of disk space due to the build combinations - we are working on that!).

Good to hear you've got it working now :).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.