Datatable Editor : entry sequence

Datatable Editor : entry sequence

x1484x1484 Posts: 18Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi again

During an inline datatable editor process is it possible to force an entry sequence ?

Let's say that the columns are employee_id, employee_salary, employee_rate and I would like that the end user is forced to
first enter the employee id, after enter the salary, after enter the rate etc...

The employee id being a required field before going to the other fields.

Is this possible ? any example would be appreciated.

Thanks again, Bye
x1484

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @x1484 ,

This thread might help - it's for bubble editing but the same would apply for inline(). You could do something similar, but make a note of the field sequence in the global variable, and prevent editing on cells out of order.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin

• x1484x1484 Posts: 18Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Colin

Thanks ! It will help me to build the entry sequence, that's for sure.

Do you know how I can manage mandatory fields in inline editing ? I think there will be no other way than checking those mandatory fields during form submit, doing a loop going thru all cells and issuing messages...

I've tried attr 'required' but it's not giving any result than setting the inline edit box border in red.

Thanks again
    x1484

Hi Colin

Sorry but inside the preOpen event, how can i get the column name where i clicked on ?

Thanks a lot, Bye
    x1484

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @x1484 ,

Do you know how I can manage mandatory fields in inline editing ?

That will be a problem. With inline and bubble editing, each edit is transferred to the server - so if you have two mandatory fields, you would two submits, one for each edit.

Sorry but inside the preOpen event, how can i get the column name where i clicked on ?

You could have a global variable that holds the cell being clicked - something like this. Not the most elegant, but it should do the trick,

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin

Thanks a zillion times for this. It will help !
    Cheers
    x1484

This discussion has been closed.