updated data on datatable

updated data on datatable

manishjetlymanishjetly Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2011 in DataTables 1.8
I am not sure if its possible or not!!!

I need to update the datatable only if any changes in existing data(row/columns) in table or new row is added. I dont want fetch the same data after every 15 second, it creates an over head to server.

Please let me know if its possibe.

Thanks in advance.

Manish

Replies

• fbasfbas Posts: 1,094Questions: 4Answers: 0
    I don't think datatables does it, but nothing is impossible

write your own code: ajax call to server asking for last date-time of data change (which you'll have to store).
  • allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin
    [quote]manishjetly said: I need to update the datatable only if any changes in existing data(row/columns) in table or new row is added. I dont want fetch the same data after every 15 second, it creates an over head to server.[/quote]

What is going to be doing the "diff" to say if there is new or updated data? Presumably something on the server-side which would already know what the client-side has, otherwise you'd be transferring everything to the client-side anyway. That sounds quite complicated to me :-)

There isn't a built in way to do this in DataTables, but as fbas says, it is quite possible to do this kind of thing with a bit of custom code. How exactly it is implemented will depend on what exactly you want to do.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.