bVisible for column doesn't work with in 1.5 beta?

bVisible for column doesn't work with in 1.5 beta?

andrew_mandrew_m Posts: 31Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2009 in General
Hi Allan.

I tried to hide a column, adding column array to configuration ( "aoColumns": [{"bVisible": false}, null...] ) and error appears - no data displays and header has some invalid values. But if i try to hide last column it works as expected. We are using 1.5beta3.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi Andrew,

Yes indeed you are correct. This is a but in 1.5 beta 3 which is causing a Javascript error here when a table header is already in place and columns are made invisible. I've got a fix in my development build now and I'm just doing some work towards 1.4.3 and 1.5 beta 4. Hopefully it will be available in the next few hours...

Regards,
    Allan
  • andrew_mandrew_m Posts: 31Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Ooh, thank you very much for such quick fix provided. We waited so long for server-side processing, so decided to go even with beta :)
  • pnflynnpnflynn Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am still having this problem in 1.4.3 and in 1.5b9. I get Javascript errors when I hide a column using bvisible other than the last column and the table does not load any rows.

Error (from firefox's error console):
    Error: oSort['null-asc'] is not a function
    Source File: js/jquery.dataTables.js
    Line: 2569
  • allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi pnflynn,

I'm not seeing this with my hidden column demo: http://www.datatables.net/1.5-beta/examples/basic_init/hidden_columns.html . Do you have a link you can provide so we can see what might be going on?

If it's trying to work on 'null-acs' then that suggests that the column has no type - which should never happen (assuming it's being detected automatically).

Allan
  • pnflynnpnflynn Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Ok

I tried the 1.5b9 again and the hidden columns are working. I was actually getting a different error in 1.5b9, but that had to do with how my script replaced NULLs in the JSON data so that the grid would not choke on it.

But I have it working now. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.