Is it possible for a computed column to contain a string which is a substring of another column?

Is it possible for a computed column to contain a string which is a substring of another column?

pmarks906dpmarks906d Posts: 61Questions: 18Answers: 0

In a cloudtable I have one column which is to contain the URL for an image which is in another column. In a third column I would like to put the filename of the image. Is it possible to make this third column a computed column which extracts a substring of the URL column automatically? I can't find an example for which the template returns a string. If this is possible could you please let me know exactly what to put in the template for the computed column. I'm having trouble getting the template syntax right so that a valid value is returned to the column. If you can just give me a formula which returns some calculated substring of some another general string I can take it from there. If I have the basic substring formula I can make it extract the correct substring. thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,734Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Is it possible to make this third column a computed column which extracts a substring of the URL column automatically?

Unfortunately, no - sorry.

This kind of thing - string manipulation and more automatic fields are most certainly an area I want to focus on in CloudTables. For the moment though, you would need to manually enter the file name.

Allan