Data table drop down braking in my application (similar issue found within the data table website)

Data table drop down braking in my application (similar issue found within the data table website)

SteveWaltinSteveWaltin Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have a simple data table implementation, much like the one mentioned in the documentation, but as the view changes to mobile or tab view, the drop down (show _ entries) breaks, i.e., the drop down is misplaced. I have tried to over-ride the CSS, apply additional styles and even use FixedHeader plugin but it remains the same.

I have attached a screen shot of the issue below. Please help me find an issue.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,313Questions: 26Answers: 4,771

I tried the main page with Chrome but don't see the issue. What browser are you using?

Kevin

• SteveWaltinSteveWaltin Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

@kthorngren
    I tried it with chrome.

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

What version and what is the host platform. I've never seen that either and I've just tried it with Chrome 112.0.5615.49 without any issue.

Allan

@allan
    I am running Chrome Version 113.0.5672.92 on a Mac Book (macOS Montesery 12.2.1).

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,313Questions: 26Answers: 4,771

I just upgraded Chrome to 113.0.5672.92 on a MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.3.1 and still don't see the issue. I shrink the https://datatables.net/ page to various sizes even as small as it goes and it works properly.

Is the problem limited to that particular MacBook?

Have you tried Safari?

Have you changed the resolution on the Mac? Maybe reset it back to default.

Kevin

@kthorngren
    I resolved the issue. It seems the issue exists on the Chrome browser on older versions of macOS (Ventura 13.0 and lesser). I personally verified it when I update my OS from macOS Montesery (12.2.1) to the latest version.

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Super - thanks for the update. Good to hear that it has been addressed by Apple and / or Google.

Allan