semicolons in query terms cause problems

semicolons in query terms cause problems

edallenedallen Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2009 in General
I'm just starting work again on an app in which I used version 1.4.3, and looking into an old bug from our QA. I haven't yet checked if this is already addressed in versions after 1.4.3 or not. But in case it isn't, here is the bug I see.

When a user of our system puts in a semicolon as part of the string in a search term, and the user navigates away and then back again and the table is reloaded, the cookie containing the search term with the semicolon poisons the reload of the table and parts don't draw. For instance if it is in the search all field at the top,the controls above and below the table don't draw on reentering the page. Deleting the Sprymedia_Datatables_etc_etc cookie for the table and reloading the page clears up the problem.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,763Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi edallen,

Sound like quite a curious bug. I haven't come across that one before, but the state saving code has been significantly improved since 1.4.3 (btw the 1.4.x branch is no longer supported - I'd recommend upgrading to 1.5.x). I've just had a quick scan of the code and don't immediately see anything that would cause this issue, but if you do test it again and find it, if you could post an example that would be most useful.

Regards,
    Allan
  • edallenedallen Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I found some time this morning to swap in 1.5.3 for 1.4.3 and test. So far it looks like A) my page is working without changing my code, YAY! and B) the semicolon problem is no longer there in 1.5.3. WIN!

Thanks,
    Ed
  • allanallan Posts: 61,763Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi Ed,

A - Outstanding - that was one of the key things that I tried to ensure would be possible with the 1.5 series from 1.4, so good to know that was successful.

B - Sounds good to me :-)

Thanks for the feedback,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.