Filtering DT 2.0 docs

Filtering DT 2.0 docs

kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,329Questions: 26Answers: 4,774

Will there be a way to filter the Reference docs to see what new options, APIs, etc are introduced in DT 2.0?

Also will there be an easy way to know when a 1.x option or API has 2.0 specific updates?

Kevin

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Its a good question, and I don't have a clear cut answer or solution at the moment. Part of the issue is it isn't as simple as removing API methods / options which aren't v2, since some of them (e.g. search()) exist in both, but have new abilities.

My current though process was to have each method indicate at the top of the page what version it was added in, and if there is a specific feature in it that was added later, note that when discussing that feature.

The other option is to create a v1 site, like I did for the legacy API, but I'm concerned it might diverge in design and updates (e.g. corrections, typos, etc).

Perhaps the main reference tables should indicate when a method was introduced and then the nuances would still be documented inside it.

Any thoughts, as always, are most welcome!

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,329Questions: 26Answers: 4,774

For me I'm just interested in seeing a list of new options, APIs, etc. I thought maybe there is an easy way to have a button, like the Groups buttons, to just show the new 2.0 APIs. Just don't want to answer someone saying search.fixed() isn't a Datatables API, for example :wink: Looks like a useful API.

I'll wait for your release doc, maybe it will have most of what I'm looking for. No need to add a bunch of extra work for what I'm asking for.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Gotcha! The release notes might be of some help. I've broken the first part into API / Options / Events / etc to hopefully make it a bit more digestible (although looking at the font size on that page at the moment, you might need a little bit of browser zoom!).

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,329Questions: 26Answers: 4,774

Perfect. I didn’t think to look there :smile:

Kevin