DT 2.0 : dt-type-numeric class to cells with FA icons

DT 2.0 : dt-type-numeric class to cells with FA icons

MelodyNelsonMelodyNelson Posts: 125Questions: 21Answers: 2

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

Hi,

I've just upgrade to datatable 2.0 (congratulations by the way !)

I'm wondering if it's normal that dt-type-numeric class is added to cells containing an icon <i></i> (font awesome).

Example :

<td class="dt-type-numeric"><i class="fa-solid fa-magnifying-glass" title="Fiche détaillée"></i></td>

<td class="dt-type-numeric"><a data-fancybox="formulaire" data-type="iframe" href="fb_ajouter_personne3cols.htm&tcom1=CM&tcom20=851"><i class="fa-solid fa-user-plus" title="Ajouter une personne"></i></a></td>

I've added a class in the column defs to change the text alignment in theses cases :

{ className: 'icone', targets: [0, 1, 10, 12] }

Also, I'm wondering where I can find the new features, I saw the mention « Since: DataTables 2.0.0 » on some pages of the documentation, try to click on it hoping to see the list (I'm a dreamer, I know...)

Congratulation again for the new version of datables :)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Thank you :)

I'm still working on putting out fires after the 2.0 release, and making sure that I'm on top of the support requests. I've not had a chance to write a blog post about it yet, but that will be coming soon. The complete release notes are available though.

Regarding the issue you are seeing, I've created a small test case here and I can indeed see that issue. The answer is no, I would not have expected that to happen, but I think I know why it is happening. I'll look into what I can do about that.

Thanks,
    Allan

• MelodyNelsonMelodyNelson Posts: 125Questions: 21Answers: 2

Thank you Allan, I will read the notes.

I'm already playing with the new layout options :)

Hope there is not too much fires so you can enjoy the release of all this work and more free time.

• toxpaltoxpal Posts: 10Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have the same problem after upgrading to 2.0, but it's slightly different in my case: some cells with FA icon have 'dt-type-numeric' class added automatically, and some haven't.

• RupertBarrowRupertBarrow Posts: 23Questions: 3Answers: 0

I have a similar problem : "dt-type-numeric" is being added to cells in a column which has a custom renderer

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Is your renderer also returning html for icons, or something else?

Allan

• adam755adam755 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm also having this issue. Only affects custom render columns when using the "data" source, but works fine with server-side "ajax" source.

• adam755adam755 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited March 18

Can be fixed by manually setting the column type to "html" in this case.

• nanonenanone Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Seems this has not been fixed in 2.0.5 yet, as I'm having a similar issue where the dt-type-numeric is added to the header cells where my row cells also contain fontawesome icons.

As a workaround, if I add &#x200b; (zero width space) between the <i></i> tags, it no longer adds dt-type-numeric.

Example:

<i class="fa-solid fa-tv">&#x200b;</i>