Highcharts (barchart) not displaying axis values from datatables

Highcharts (barchart) not displaying axis values from datatables

Noodles12Noodles12 Posts: 107Questions: 38Answers: 2

I am working on a page that uses datatables to retrieve highcharts. Charts for Button one (pie chart) and Button three (column chart) are fine. They show the X axis and Y axis values from the corresponding tables below. However, the problem I am facing is with Button two - Bar chart. Similar to other charts, for the bar chart too, I am trying to display the axis values from the datatable below. Column 2022 values should be X axis and Percent column as Y axis. The legend should also display X axis (column 2022) data. Not sure what am I missing.
Here is my code - https://codepen.io/Shawnny-Tandon/pen/bGJeOev

Answers

• Noodles12Noodles12 Posts: 107Questions: 38Answers: 2

sorry something happened to my code earlier incase u looked at it earlier. Please check my codepen again -
    https://codepen.io/Shawnny-Tandon/pen/bGJeOev

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,331Questions: 26Answers: 4,774

This is a Highcharts config issue not Datatables. Take a look at the Highcharts bar chart example to see the expected data structure, for example:

series: [{
            name: 'Year 1990',
            data: [631, 727, 3202, 721]
        }, {
            name: 'Year 2000',
            data: [814, 841, 3714, 726]
        }, {
            name: 'Year 2018',
            data: [1276, 1007, 4561, 746]
        }]

But. you are using this data structure for the bar chart:

[
        {
            "name": "AAA",
            "y": 51.9
        },
        {
            "name": "BBB",
            "y": 18.6
        }
    ]

This is the structure used for a Pie Chart. I think you will want to return a structure similar to the column chart.

In the future please use the Highcharts forum or Stack Overflow for Highcharts questions. This forum is for Datatables specific questions.

Kevin