datatable not replacing html table in the page

datatable not replacing html table in the page

cmachemer-ccafecmachemer-ccafe Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Good morning. I uploaded the config via the debugger and was provided the code ehific in response.

First off I'd like to note that this issue is occurring on one of my servers, and not another, when running the same code, and going to the same screen in my application. We use datatables on alot of our screens, and in most of them they're functioning just fine, but something seems to be failing silently in some limited cases, which is why I'm here looking for help.

The issues presented in the "common problems" section make reference to a couple of css items, namely a max-width and a fixed header.

I'm happy to provide whatever additional info that might be useful.

Thanks

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,346Questions: 26Answers: 4,776

If the Datatable isn't initialized then its typically one of two issues:

1. The selector used to find the table isn't correct. There won't be an error.
    2. A Javascript error occurs causing Javascript to stop processing before the Datatable is initialized.

In order fo us to help debug we will need to see the problem. Please post a link to a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• cmachemer-ccafecmachemer-ccafe Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Can I provide you with login credentials in a private email, so as to not put them out for public access?

• allanallan Posts: 61,786Questions: 1Answers: 10,114 Site admin

You can drop me a PM by clicking my forum user name and then "Send message".

Allan