Datatable Issue

Datatable Issue

NeckartNeckart Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0

When running my app in Vs it runs well but not when deployed.

The error below:
DataTables warning: table id=tb|DataRepricingLetterForSending - Ajax error. For more information about this error, please see https:// datatables.net/tn/7

Replies

• NeckartNeckart Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0

Then when I use Inspect Element on a browser I found out 404 status on jquery.min.js

• allanallan Posts: 61,928Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin

I'm happy to take a look at a test case sowing the issue.

If it is working locally, but not on the deploy server, it suggests something is wrong with the environment settings. I assume you followed the directions in the tech note the error message gives - what is the response from the server?

Allan

Yep, the response from the server is 404 then when I checked the Developer Tools on the Network Tab it points to the jquery.min.js which i think causes the error.

Then when I clicked the jquery.min.js it redirected me to the error which says

“r.send(i.hasContent && i.date || null)”

Then when I hovered that line this error message appear:

“Failed to load resources: the server responded woth status of 404 (not found)”

The issue is on that jquery.min.js but when in I run in Vs it runs well but not when deployed.

• colincolin Posts: 15,176Questions: 1Answers: 2,589

As Allan said, "If it is working locally, but not on the deploy server, it suggests something is wrong with the environment settings." It would be worth checking the server logs, or trying on the server itself, it'll be down to that configuration.

Colin

Hi Colin & Allan thank you for response, when I checked the server logs I found no error.

You should have found at least a 404 error. I'm afraid there is very little help I can offer with it being able to see the page in question.

Allan

Hi Allan, here is the image where I can see the 404 error

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,402Questions: 26Answers: 4,787

That means the path specified in the script to fetch jquery.min.js is not accessible. Could be the path is incorrect or there is a server permissions issue. You will need to verify the script tag defined to load jquery.min.js with your server's configuration and that jquery.min.js exists.

This isn't a Datatables error. Possibly this troubleshooting 404 errors technote will help.

Kevin

edited May 2

Hi Kevin, I checked the permission side and i saw a warning and solved it but still I got 404. And also the path in script tag and physical path are matched.

Thanks,
    Kart

Hi Kart,

Did you check the web server's error log? It looks like you might be using IIS? That might give you an additional clue.

Allan

Hi Allan, upon checking i found no error.

Btw, thank you for patience in guiding, I am just new in using IIS in Deployment.

Kart

You are specifying jquery.min.js but the screenshot shows the name as jquery.min. Maybe the explorer is hiding the extension but if not then you will need to add .js.

Kevin

There must be a 404 error in the IIS log, if the browser is showing a 404 error. I'm afraid I know very little about IIS, you'd need to open a discussion on a Microsoft IIS forum if you need help with their http server.

Allan

Hi Kevin i added the .js and run the app but still didn’t work. :(

Thanks,
    Kart

edited May 3

As Allan said support for your IIS server is beyond the scope of this forum. Use a MS IIS support forum. Maybe Stack Overflow or some other forum can help you track down the 404 error. The error you are getting is not Datatables specific. Once you get past this error please let us know if you have Datatables specific questions.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, noted on that.

Hi Allan thanks too.

Kart. :)