Server side Null in one Column

Server side Null in one Column

Hutchy68Hutchy68 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2012 in DataTables 1.9
I am getting a NULL value in one column from a server side MySql call. The data is there and actually of the 599 rows in the table, about 10 of them return the correct value to be displayed in the cell. The other 589 all return a NULL value, pretty much at a loss as to why. There seems to be no pattern either. NULL row 1 to 180, then 181 shows, not 182, but then 183-186, then all NULL to 300 something, one row, then NULL again till the high 400's. Everything else loads and displays(other columns) just fine. Any ideas, greatly appreciated as I am having to use a aaData array text file right now.

Thanks
Tom

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,761Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi Tom,

Can you use the debugger ( http://debug.datatables.net ) on your table so we can see what is happening, or give us a link please?

Allan
  • Hutchy68Hutchy68 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for the reply. I need to mask the MySQL log in and do a couple other things, the pages are behind a .htaccess log in. I have no problem providing you access, just not on the forum, privately. It might be a MySQL syntax error in the php code itself. I tried running the calls to the database on some of the other php scripts provided and get a check syntax error. Here is what I am running:

Apache version
    PHP version
    MySQL version
    5.1.52-cll

The odd thing is... when I filter for a known value in the column showing null, I get a correct instance of how many rows(record lines) contain the value. Like "Thomas" returns 43 records, which is correct. So the cell info is definately being read from the database's table, just not displaying.

Thanks
    Tom
  • allanallan Posts: 61,761Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    You can PM me by clicking on my name and then the "send message" link.

Allan
  • Hutchy68Hutchy68 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan

Did you get a chance to look at why the data is not visible, reported as null, but still searchable and sortable?

Thanks
    Tom
This discussion has been closed.