FixedColumns 2.0.3 with jQuery UI theming - line 796: Uncaught TypeError

FixedColumns 2.0.3 with jQuery UI theming - line 796: Uncaught TypeError

jhaitasjhaitas Posts: 32Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2012 in Bug reports
I am experiencing a new error in FixedColumns 2.0.3 when using jQuery UI theming ...

On line 796 the error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'className' of undefined" is thrown (in Google Chrome)

This happens when using the Scroller plugin and server side data.

The error happens in
* Google Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m
* Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
* FireFox 11.0

Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks,
John

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Yes - confirmed: http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/9596/fixedcolumns-and-sorting-problem#Item_4 . As noted in that thread it is fixed in the nightly (on the downloads page). Sorry about the bug!

Allan
  • jhaitasjhaitas Posts: 32Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks Allan for the quick response.

Would it be possible to integrate that Scroller patch to FixedColumns in the near future?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Yes indeed - sorry for the delay in getting around to that! Its sitting at the top of my inbox at the moment, but I've not had much time for development recently (all support and contract work to pay the bills!). I hope to get to it soon!

Allan
  • ericpontoericponto Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    On line 844 of fixedColumns 2.0.3, the header rows in the clone are cleared out. This is removing the span with the arrow and is the reason that line 796 is getting an error.

I commented out that line, but then I had double header rows showing, so hid the clone headers by adding: oStyle.display = "none";

Here's what it looks like:

[code]
    /* Copy the DataTables' header elements to force the column width in exactly the
    * same way that DataTables does it - have the header element, apply the width and
    * colapse it down
    */
    var nInnerThead = $('>thead>tr', oClone.body)[0];
    for ( iIndex=0 ; iIndex
This discussion has been closed.