Could you please give me example for server side paging sorting and filtering for each column on top

Could you please give me example for server side paging sorting and filtering for each column on top

pinakmathkar4pinakmathkar4 Posts: 13Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,735
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Here are some server side examples. The PHP script for the examples is here. This is an example of column search in the second header:
    http://live.datatables.net/giharaka/1/edit

Note the use of orderCellsTop to move the sorting events to the top header row. The same example will work with server side processing.

Kevin

• pinakmathkar4pinakmathkar4 Posts: 13Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi kevin,
    Thanks for this example this is working for me , However can you share one example where we can have Export to Excel functionality and column filtering top also.

edited May 2021

However can you share one example where we can have Export to Excel functionality and column filtering top also.

What exactly are you looking for? By default the export will export the header with the orderCellsTop assignment - the top row in this example. Is there something different that you want?

You can probably find examples on the forum if you want both headers exported.

Kevin

I want datatable data need to be exported in excel with out column filter header

edited May 2021 Answer ✓

I updated the example to include Excel export. It exports without exporting the column filter header. As I said this is controlled by the orderCellsTop option. I didn't need to do anything else but add the button to the Datatable. If you are still having problems please update the test case or post a link to your page so we can help debug.

http://live.datatables.net/giharaka/948/edit

Also if you are using server side processing you will want to read this FAQ about how the export works with server side processing.

Kevin

After adding serial no to datatable top column filter search is not working , How we can fix this ? also how can add top coumn filter search for serail no also ?

After adding serial no to datatable top column filter search is not working

Not sure what this means. Please post a link to your page or a test case showing the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

suppose datatable has top column filter functionality and it is working as expected and after that I added serial Number to datatable . Then top filter column not filter datatable rows base on input search value

here serial no means order number starts from 1 so first row and 1 and second have 2 and so on.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

Please post a link to your page or a test case showing the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Hi team ,

Can we export the data tables data with row numbers like 1,2,3 in excel

Thanks
    Pinak

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

That would happen automatically - see example here. If it's not, please link to a test case demonstrating the issue.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.